Friday, November 2, 2012

Human x Philippine Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013

Hey, loves! I know it's been quite a while since I last posted something here but now I'm back and instead of the usual outfit posts, I have something different in store for you guys! I'm pretty sure that most of you are aware that last week was Philippine Fashion Week. I was given a chance to be one of the styling assistants for three shows: Cary Santiago, Human, and Lesley Mobo. However, since I wasn't able to take pictures during the Cary Santiago show, I will only be blogging about the two other shows.

The Human show was divided into segments. I, together with Will and Nicky, was assigned to the Little Rascals segment. Basically, the models in this segment should look like.. well, rascals! Haha. Mischievous, naughty, dishonest. Usually, the clothes are already pre-styled and we just have to assist during the fitting and the show itself. Luckily, we were allowed to style six looks because if I remember it correctly, they were not able to finish pre-styling due to lack of time.

Here are the three looks that I styled:




Hat added by Sir Nio Manzano! :p

This was the first time that I styled (for real) for a fashion show so I'm really thankful for the opportunity! The highlight of the day wasn't this one, though. Can you guess what?!








I got to see Kylie Jenner and Rob Kardashian!! Yeah, styling for a fashion show was a first for me. But THIS?! This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! I mean I have always wanted to see Kendall and Kylie but I never thought it could happen, ever!

I actually found out that they were coming here to walk for Human from a batch-mate. When I confirmed it myself, I immediately asked Sir Nio if they needed interns for Human and if so, I'd really, really, really love to volunteer! And they did!! Imagine the joy when he told me that I'd be doing the Human show. Heehee. Thanks again, Sir Nio! ;-) From that day on, my goal was to have a photo taken with them!





On the day of the show, I was planning what to do to achieve the goal in my head the entire time! HAHA. They finally arrived with too many bodyguards. Yes, even at the backstage! That was when I started to lose hope. It was so difficult to be anywhere near them, seriously! The show already ended and I still haven't gotten my photo taken with them. When they were about to leave, Rob went out of the dressing room and just stood there, waiting for Kylie. That was my only chance! So I called him and asked. Then Kylie went out. Then I got my photo! Gawd, was I lucky!! I believe I was the only one backstage who got a photo taken with them! Harhar. I went home really happy that day!

Runway photos courtesy of http://spring-summer.philippinefashionweeklive.com/2013/human/ and http://www.interaksyon.com/entertainment/rob-kardashian-kylie-jenner-keep-up-with-manila-fans/

Photo with Kylie Jenner and Rob Kardashian taken by Nicky Marasigan and Will Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...