Friday, November 30, 2012

Metrowear Fantasy

Last Sunday, Philippines' couture designers showcased their holiday couture collections during Metro Magazine's Metrowear Fantasy fashion show held at EDSA Shangri-la. For a couple of hours, I was in a world of whimsy and fantasy where I witnessed the spectacular creations of Joel Escober, Martin Bautista, Mak Tumang, and John Herrera, mentored by their senior designers Noel Crisostomo, Rajo Laurel, Frederick Peralta, and Cary Santiago, respectively.








I watched the show with my mum. While waiting for the Isla Ballroom doors to open, we first enjoyed the cocktail.




After a few minutes, the show, hosted by TV reporter Ginger Conejero, began. The designs were inspired by Christmas stories and characters. Let me share with you my top favourites two from each collection.

(The following runway photos are from Style Bible. I wasn't able to take good photos because I refused to bring with me the big, bulky, better camera. Apologies!)





 Joel Escober got his inspiration from Hark The Herald. I love the details of his pieces!




Martin Bautista's soft, feminine designs were inspired by Snow Queen.





The characters in The Nutcracker was Mak Tumang's inspiration. Amazing, right? His collection made me think back on the days when I still danced ballet. On my last year in ballet, we also did The Nutcracker. :">






Last but definitely not the least was John Herrera's 12 Days of Christmas collection. It was my favourite among all four. It was jaw-dropping! I was awed by the intricate details of his pieces. Great job!!

Congratulations to all the designers and of course, to Metro Magazine for a brilliant show!! 'Til the next Metrowear! :)

Special thanks to Metro Magazine's Associate Managing Editor and my cousin, Kat Angco, for the invites! Hope you won't get tired of inviting us to your events! Harhar.

To see the full collections of each designer, click here.

Now that I am done with the event, let me tell you a bit about my outfit that night.

Oxblood dress: Bought from my friend; Patent peep-toe pumps: Pedro

A few weeks ago, in my post Oxblood Obsession, I mentioned that the season's hottest hue is burgundy, so the first time I saw this dress during our shoot, I fell in love with it. I knew exactly where I'd wear it. From the photo above, you can see that the dress is sheer black with burgundy lining. Let me tell you a secret. The fabric underneath is actually blood red. Red plus black equals oxblood, equals Fall 2012 fashion trend. Perfect!

Serendipity tattoo by Gene Testa

One more thing that I like about this dress is that my tattoo is visible when wearing it. You know how I love my tattoo, right?! And there was another one who does, too. During the cocktail, a woman approached me and asked everything about my tattoo. Harhar.

Last two photos taken by Tisha Filart





7 comments:

  1. You and your mom looking gorgeous!
    I like ur dress and heels a lot too, so cute!

    Katerina from myneonrock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Viewrama! :) I'd love to! I'll check out your blog in a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post, that dress looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...